Misunderstandings are common amongst people who speak the same language… so it’s not surprising that people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds face communication barriers… Skills in intercultural communication are essential in order to minimise problems and misunderstandings that arise from cultural differences.
You will get an insight in what is intercultural communication, how you can better transfer messages and how to improve and adapt your communication behaviour.
We all communicate together in the Clinical Research environment but the way we communicate is strongly determined by the culture we grow up in. No matter how well we think we understand each other, culture is often the root of communication challenges. Understanding the differences in communication amongst the cultures will increase the value of your team! This 1-day course is designed to improve the intercultural communication and collaboration between colleagues and/or clients in a project environment.
Who should attend
Clinical research professionals wishing to improve and/or refresh their intercultural communication skills.
CRAs, Project Managers and directors that work with multinational teams and/or on global Clinical Trials
- The influence of culture
- Intercultural communication
- Negotiation and culture
- Conflict and culture
- Analysis of video clips and cross-cultural cases
- Develop an understanding of different types of communication and to explore intercultural communication
- Recognise cultural differences (do’s & don’ts) and their impact on our work
- Approach different models that allows making a comparative analysis amongst countries
- Learn intercultural business (communication) etiquette
- Analyse ways to improve our negotiation skills
- Be able to handle conflict situations
This course covers competencies that are part of the ECCRT Competency Framework
- Scientific Concepts & Research Design (0)
- Ethical & Participants Safety Considerations (0)
- Investigational Product Development and Regulation (0)
- Clinical Studies Operations (GCPs or ISO 14155) (0)
- Study and Site Management (0)
- Data Management and Informatics (0)
- Leadership and Professionalism (2)
- Communication (2)
- Teamwork (1)
- Business acumen (0)
Be aware that attending one of ECCRT open course does not guarantee that the competency is acquired but only guarantees that the related knowledge has been trained