You are new to the industry and need to know the basics? You would like to know more about what Clinical Research mean? This eLearning course will show you how medicines are developed, the difference between pre-clinical and clinical research, the phases of clinical research and the different study types used and the way to market a product.
This eLearning course will focus on the elementary aspects of clinical research. Through an interactive step-by-step approach, we will introduce you into the world of medicine before they are available on the market. This course is designed to allow you to get familiar with the basic aspects of pre-clinical and clinical studies, the rules and regulations to follow, the ethical considerations and follow-up of trial participants, the involved logistics and resources.
Interactive quizzes and exercises for self-assessment are included to provide a better understanding of each part of the course. You will be able test your comprehension with a final grading assessment.
All ECCRT eLearning courses include a touchpoint with the trainer to discuss open questions from any student. Continuous interactivity with the trainer and fellow students is also encouraged through the ECCRT Virtual Campus Discussion Forum.
Course timeAt your own pace; the course will remain available online for you for 3 months after you register for it. ---------------- Course Credits: 3 hours
Who should attend
Everyone who wants to know about clinical research. No prior knowledge is required.
- Pre-clinical research, phase I to phase IV studies
- Legislation and Rules guiding Clinical Research
- Principles of Clinical Research
- Logistics and Resources needs.
Click the link to open the Course Programme and get detailed information about the course structure and chapters duration.
- Understand all steps of how a pharmaceutical product gets to the market
- Know the difference between pre-clinical and clinical research
- Understand why clinical research is performed
- Identify how clinical researches are set-up and the logistic it involves.
This course covers competencies that are part of the ECCRT Competency Framework
- Scientific Concepts & Research Design (1)
- Ethical & Participants Safety Considerations (3)
- Investigational Product Development and Regulation (3)
- Clinical Studies Operations (GCPs or ISO 14155) (2)
- Study and Site Management (0)
- Data Management and Informatics (1)
- Leadership and Professionalism (0)
- Communication (0)
- Teamwork (0)
- Business acumen (0)
Be aware that attending one of ECCRT open course does not guarantee that the competency is acquired but only guarantees that the related knowledge has been trained