Content based questions of courses
I am new to Clinical Research, which courses can I follow?
Training is the key to clinical research development. The more education and training you follow, the better suited you are for your job. ECCRT can offer you a wide variety of training sessions, to be up to date with the new trends, regulations and topics in clinical research.
- Introduction to Clinical Research
- Junior CRA Training
- Orienting your Career
- Foundational GCP
Check more in our course schedule.
What is the difference between the Foundational GCP training and GCP Refresher training?
The Foundational GCP training is a course on all chapters of the ICH-GCP guideline E6. We will focus on the ethical aspects of performing clinical trials outlining the responsibilities of all stakeholders. Through extensive theory and interactive moments, including real-life situations, we will get you acquainted with the ins and outs of Good Clinical Practice.
The GCP Refresher training is designed for people already working in a GCP environment but needs an update on this topic. During this course, we provide examples of day-to-day situations and guide you to successful solutions to these problems.
If needed you can always request training for your company or team, as we will tailor the training according to your needs.
What is the difference between the Junior and Senior CRA courses?
The Junior CRA course is designed for starters in the business; it covers the basic guidelines and regulations followed by an overview of the duties of a monitor in the clinical operation processes. Through theory and workshops, we start with site selection, covering pre-study, initiation, monitoring and closure tasks of a CRA.
The Senior CRA course focuses on more advanced tasks such as protocol and informed consent review, site management, recruitment issues and communication skills. It is designed for CRAs that want to boost their career and have already some experience in the field.
How do I access the online grading test for my course?
- Log on into the website with your credentials
- Click “Virtual Campus” in the top left-hand corner of the website (header)
- Click the button “Enter the Virtual Campus”
- Then you should see your course on the dashboard menu of the Virtual Campus
- Click on your course and then go to the tab: “Take the final test”
- Note: that it could take 24 hours for the test to appear if we need to confirm your attendance
Do we receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Everyone who attends a course receives the Certificate of Attendance.
In addition to this, we offer a Certificate of Achievement for a growing selection of our courses. Participants receive these certificates after completing their test and achieving a test score of at least 70%. Participants are allowed to consult their course notes and the extensive training material provided.
In the case of an online grading test, your digital certificate will be sent by email from the ECCRT Virtual Campus once you’ve completed your comprehension test.
All certificates are globally recognised.
How large are the course groups?
For our public courses, groups generally consist of 5 up to 15 participants. Numbers may vary depending on the course type, depending on the course format (online or face-to-face).
How to access my eLearning course?
You will be able to access your eLearning by following the instructions below:
- Note: the course must be paid for before you will have access
- Log in to eccrt.com with your credentials
- Go to My Courses and click on your course then you will go to the page
If the course isn’t there, then please follow these instructions:
- Click “Virtual Campus” in the top left-hand corner of the website
- Click “Enter the Virtual Campus”
- Then you should see your course on your Dashboard
IMPORTANT: For blended courses, be reminded that the eLearning session must be attended before the face-to-face training as its content fits the practical approach during face-to-face training.
Is lunch foreseen? What if I have dietary requests?
Any full-day face-to-face sessions have two coffee breaks and lunch. If you would have specific dietary questions, you can email them to email@example.com, before the training session.
What should I do if I can’t find a course scheduled when I need it or where I need it?
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with 2 alternatives:
- We can add you to the waiting list for that course for when it will be scheduled.
- You can request a tailored course for your team.
What if I have lost my certificate?
In case a training certificate is lost, or a duplicate is required, ECCRT can provide a copy at the cost of 50 EUR (administration and sending costs included). Please send your request to email@example.com. ECCRT will check quality documents (e.g. signed participation log) to verify if the participant attended.
Certificates related to eLearning courses can be downloaded at any time from your account on ECCRT Virtual Campus if you still have access to the course. In case of any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I extend my access to the Virtual Campus?
If a participant wants an extension to complete something in their course in the Virtual Campus after it has expired, then we will allow a 2-week extension for 50 euros per participant.
This is the final deadline, and no further extension will be given. This policy will be listed on the website, course confirmation email, invoice email and proposals.
This applies to:
- Following the course or eLearning
- Taking the test
- Taking the survey
- Getting a certificate
What is ECCRT’s cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel your registration, the following cancellation terms are applicable:
- Cancellation by the ECCRT: due to unforeseen circumstances, it is possible that the training program may change and the ECCRT reserves the right to alter the venue or to cancel the event
- Cancellation by the registrant:
- More than 30 calendar days prior to the course: no cancellation fee will be charged.
- Between 21 – 30 calendar days prior to the course: 50% of the fee will be charged.
- Less than 21 days prior to the course or if no notification is received: the registrant will be liable to pay the full course fee.
!COVID19 Pandemic cancellation policy: Less than 14 days prior to the course and with official positive test result and/or a documents that requires you to go in quarantine: the registrant will be automatically registered to the next edition of that course, and an administration fee of 100 EUR will be charged!
- An administration fee of 50 EUR can be charged for each cancellation
- Alternative delegates may replace a registrant, however all cancellations/replacements must be received in writing.
ECCRT reserves the right to reschedule or cancel classes up to two weeks prior to the scheduled date. Registered participants will be informed of any such changes.
Privacy and security questions
Who can see my registered courses?
Besides you, only the ECCRT internal team, ECCRT technical service specialists and web developers can see your registered courses. Due to the fact that your ECCRT login name and password are required to access your account, we strongly encourage you to store them in a safe place and not to share the information with anyone.
Do I have to create an account for myself or the person I am booking the course for?
If you have to book a course for someone else, we ask that you create an account for yourself.
When booking the course please mention the name and email address of the participant.
How can I check my registration status?
You can check the status of your registered course by logging in on the website and checking your courses under your profile.
You can also contact ECCRT by telephone at +32 (0)25040720 or by email at email@example.com.
Are there any discounts?
You can find our different types of discounts here.
Hospital staff, students, non-profit organisations and academics are granted a reduction of 30% on all our course fees (i.e. current students, current employees in a university, research centre or hospital).
You can ask for financial support when booking your training sessions with Cheque-Formation and KMO-Portefeuille if you live in Belgium and under certain conditions. Find out more here.
How do I pay for my course?
There are three options.
- Via Invoice or Bank Transfer: You can book your course online and select the option ‘Bank transfer – Pay by invoice’. An invoice will be sent with the request to pay the registration fee. Payment details are communicated in the payment process and the confirmation email.
Note that each course should be paid before allowing access to the ECCRT Virtual Campus.
- Via Debit Card: You can book and pay for your course(s) via Bancontact, Belfius Direct, KBC/CBC Payment or iDEAL. We will also send you an invoice, with the indication that payment has been received by debit card.
- Via Credit Card: You can book and pay for your course online via Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express). We will also send you an invoice, with the indication that payment has been received by credit card.
Note that each course should be paid before the starting date, or before accessing the Virtual Campus.
What happens when I pay late?
Invoices are payable upon receipt when fees are not paid when due, an administrative fee If you dispute any part of an invoice, you must pay the amount not disputed by the due date. We also reserve the right to withhold services (including for the avoidance of doubt, denying), access to the Virtual Campus while there are any outstanding fees and/or interest, or when you are in breach of this agreement.
How do I register for a specific course?
First, you should sign in or register on the website.
You will be prompted to enter your account information. Please sign in with your ECCRT username and login (yellow button ‘my ECCRT’). If you do not have an ECCRT account, please register first (yellow button ‘register’ in the right upper corner) and follow the account registration process directions.
If you cannot remember your ECCRT username or password, you can request to have a new password sent to you.
After registering or signing in, go to Find a Course under Open Courses, select your course and corresponding date and start the booking process.
I am already registered but would like to follow the course on another date.
If you would like to rebook your course, there is an administrational fee of 50 EUR. This is only applicable if we have received and confirmed your request according to the cancellation policy.
Training location and accommodation questions
Can I attend a course outside of Belgium?
Yes. ECCRT has multiple fixed course locations.
- In the ECCRT schedule, the course locations are indicated.
- Besides this, tailored trainings can always be requested in any location of your choice.
- We are also offering eLearning courses, that can be taken from anywhere and at your own pace.
Where are the courses taking place?
ECCRT has 2 fixed course locations.
- BELGIUM: Cantersteen 47 – 1000 Brussels
- THE NETHERLANDS: Sylviusweg 70 – 2333 BE Leiden